Recorded at the Queen Street Commons on October 1, 2014. In order of opening statement, the candidates were Karen Redman, Tom Galloway, Cameron Dearlove, Geoff Lorentz, and Greg Burns. Elizabeth Clarke joined the debate towards the end of the evening.
The moderator was Jane Snyder.
- 00:03:39 : Candidate opening statements
- 00:20:42 : Question intro
- 00:21:30 : Syringes are being left in parks. Should we have a needle exchange program?
- 00:30:09 : What is region's role in poverty reduction?
- 00:38:35 : How will the region address homelessness?
- 00:48:20 : How can the region make policing more effective and less expensive?
- 00:56:10 : How can the region improve cycling accessibility and safety?
- 01:03:51 : What can councillors do to foster strong healthy neighbourhood associations?
- 01:11:43 : Processes and tools you bring to deliberation. What have been you greatest success and frustration with respect to conflict resolution?